Editor's Choice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Featured Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let us build Pakistan" has moved.
30 November 2009

All archives and posts have been transferred to the new location, which is: http://criticalppp.com

We encourage you to visit our new site. Please don't leave your comments here because this site is obsolete. You may also like to update your RSS feeds or Google Friend Connect (Follow the Blog) to the new location. Thank you.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday 16 November 2009

International tolerance day



Posted by: Jarri Mirza
Guest blog: Humza Ikram

Today world is celebrating International tolerance day but sadly Pakistani society is getting more and more intolerant. Our right wing media is spreading a lot of hatred in our society and the beauty of our pluralistic society is now sadly a memory of the past. One of my young cousins ,who is an avid Zaid Hamid viewer, has sent me a picture of a map showing India to be a part of Pakistan. He urged me to make it my face book display picture. The following is a post by Nadeem Paracha highlighting the importance of tolerance in social life. Also, checkout the following video and see how Zaid Hamid is spreading hatred towards Hindus. I'm wondering how insecure Hindu community living in Sindh might feel in their own country.


Blow Daddy

By Nadeem Paracha

Daddy?
Yes, son.
Are we going to have a war with India?
Perhaps.
Oh, goody. We will thrash them, right? Like we did in 1857!
It wasn't in 1857, son.
Oh, okay. But whom did we thrash in 1857?
The British, son …
And the Hindus too, right?
Well …
Did Quied-e-Azam fight in that war along
with Muhammad bin Qasim and Imran Khan?
No, son. The Quied and Imran were born much later and Muhammad bin Qasim died many years before.
Then who ruled Pakistan in those days?
There was no Pakistan in those days, son.
But there was always a Pakistan! It has been there for 5000 years!
Whom have you been talking to, son?
No one. I've just been watching TV.
It figures.
Daddy, why are all these people against us Arabs?
Arabs? But we aren't Arabs, son.
Of course we are because our ancestors were Arabs!
No, son. Our ancestors were sub-continental.
Sub-what?
Never mind.You seem to like wars, son.
Yes. I like to watch them on TV.
But real wars are fought outside the TV, son.
Really? How is that possible? What sort of a war is that?
Never mind.
Daddy you look worried.
Of course, I am, you little warmongering punk!
Daddy. Why are you scolding me?
Because TV is talking rot and so are you!
Daddy, are you turning into a Hindu?
No!
Daddy, have you become a kafir?
Keep quiet! No more TV for you! Go watch a movie on the DVD player, or listen to a CD.
Can't do that.
But we have so many DVDs and CDs, son.
Not any more.
What do you mean?
I burned them all.
What?!
I burned them all.
I heard that! But why?
They spread obscenity.
Oh, God. Son, go do your homework. What happened to that science project you were working on?
It's almost complete.
Good boy. What are you making?
A bomb.
What?!
A bomb.
I heard that! But why?
Because I am a true Muslim mujahid who hates America.
But only last week you wanted to go to Disney Land.
That's different.
How come?
Mickey Mouse is a Muslim.
No he isn't.
Is so. He converted when he heard the azaan on the moon.
On the moon?
Yes. Because the Earth is flat and …
What??
The Earth is …
I heard that!
Daddy, do you want to see my science project, or not?
Gosh, that bomb? But your science teacher will fail you.
No she wont.
Really …?
Yes. I plan to blow her up as well.
God, what is wrong with you? Go call your mother!
She can't come.
Why not?
I've locked her in the kitchen.
But what for?
A woman's place is in the kitchen. I will not let her out until she starts wearing a hijab!
But she's your mother!
No. She's a woman!
So?
So she should be hidden.
Hidden from whom?
You, me, the whole world and Tony.
Tony?
Yes, Tony.
But Tony's a cat.
Yes. But he's a male cat.
Son, have you gone mad?
No. By the way, I've made sure Kitto starts wearing a hijab as well.
Kitto?
Yes, Kittto.
But Kitto's also a cat!
Yes. But a female cat.
But she'll suffocate.
Oh, she's already dead.
What?
She's already dead.
I heard that! But how?
I buried her alive.
You what??
Yes. To avenge Tony's honor. But now I will behead Tony.
But why?
To save mom's honor!
Oh, God!
Don't say that. Always say Allah Hafiz instead of Khuda Hafiz.
What's the difference?
Daddy, do you want to be beheaded too?
No!
Do you want to be stoned to death?
No!
Do you want to be flogged?
No!
Do you want to get your arms chopped off?
No!
Then stop asking stupid questions. By the way, I won't call you daddy anymore.
What will you call me then?
Whatever is Arabic for daddy.
I don't know any Arabic, son.
That's because you are a kafir.
Who the heck are you to tell me who I am, you little fascist twit!
What's a fascist?
An irrational, violent, self-righteous mad man!
WAAAAAAA!!
Why are you crying?
You scolded me.
Okay, I'm sorry. You have to be tolerant and rational, son. Now be a good boy and go read a book instead of watching TV.
I have no books.
Of course, you do. I bought you so many books.
I burned them all.
What?!
I burned them all.
I heard that! But why?!
They were all in English.
So?
Christians speak English.
But we are speaking English as well, aren't we?
WAAAAAAAAAAAA …!!
What now?
Zionists made me forget Arabic!
But you never knew any Arabic, son.
WAAAA … yes I did until you and mommy gave me polio drops … WAAAA …
Okay, tell me, can you do me a favor?
Sure, dad. (*sniff*).
Can you blow up something for me?
Oh, goody! Of course, dad. What should I blow? A CD shop, a hotel, a school …?
No, no, something a lot more sinister.
Mom?
No, no …
What then?
The TV set!
What?!
Blow the TV Set.
I heard that! But why?
Just do it!
I see. Dad?
Yes.
You're so unconstitutional.

...


source


No comments:

Post a Comment

1. You are very welcome to comment, more so if you do not agree with the opinion expressed through this post.

2. If you wish to hide your identity, post with a pseudonym but don't select the 'anonymous' option.

3. Copying the text of your comment may save you the trouble of re-writing if there is an error in posting.